Thank you for all of your encouraging thoughts. We have been out of town for a few days visiting family and Jack actually did very well– no crying– except for going to sleep of course!
- Jack does have a fan in his room. That we use every night. When we go places I try to turn on something. Haven’t noticed it helping.
- I have considered, in moments of desperation, hiring THE Baby Whisperer or some other professional sleep coach to help us. Despite (I’m Sure) the extreme cost.
All that being said–
- He really is sleeping better– crying for shorter periods of time, settling more quickly
- Since I stopped feeding him at night he gets up less frequently (like once every few days instead of every two or three hours like before)
- He does sleep until 5:30 or 6:00 most days
- I found out from my mother in law that my husband was a terrible sleeper, refused a lovey, and generally hated sleep (he is now a better sleeper than me) –now I have someone to blame
- So– there is HOPE– eventually when he’s 31 or something
- In meantime- I continue to get more gray hairs and wrinkles under my eyes but I suppose that has something to do with the badge of motherhood.